Principal Planning | Warehousing Inventory Logistics & Property | Organisational Change
Brisbane Grove, NSW
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
In this role you will maximise the effectiveness of the Vice President Warehousing Inventory Logistics and Property (WIL&P) and the broader WIL&P leadership team by supporting team development, facilitating interactions and functional and customer (asset) engagements without removing the authority for action, to drive high performance. This entails the governance around development, maintenance and review of High Performance Centre Boards (Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly) to ensure the WIL&P Leadership Team has visibility around key performance trends on Safety, Culture and Productivity and can take the required actions to deliver the Business Plan.
- Facilitating and influencing improvement in safety, sustainability, productivity and diversity
- Effective organisation of leadership weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings including preparation of meeting schedules, content, agendas, papers, minutes and rolling schedules
- Provide an effective interface to facilitate information transfer between the VP WIL&P and key stakeholders in relation to internal and external engagements that are related to the WIL&P business
- Prepare Asset monthly reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and other relevant materials for WIL&P Monthly Meetings
- Prepare and/or review internal and external communications of the Vice President WIL&P
- Participate in select Steering Committees and Taskforces with a focus on delivering improved performance
- Promote and lead change initiatives at all levels
Behavioural & Leadership Competencies:
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to articulate direction and plans
- Ability to engage effectively with the most senior levels of the organisation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to convey information in a comprehensive and succinct fashion in a dynamic environment
- Applies strategic business perspective
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and competing demands
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Ability to promote and lead change initiatives at all levels
- Ability to influence others through development of relationships with Senior Executives
- Suitable tertiary qualification
- Recognised as a high performer with the ability to work across and communicate with all levels of the organisation
- A track record in Organisational Change Management
- Experience in leadership senior leadership coaching
- Ability to recognise where value can be added and the organisational and influencing skills to deliver against commitments
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: